The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) recently named The Outstanding Philippines Soldiers (TOPS) for 2013 by the Metrobank Foundation and the Rotary Club of Makati Metro.
The Metrobank Foundation and the Rotary Club of Makati conducted the search for the country’s modern-day heroes among those serving for the military, and the winners have undergone a multi-sectoral selection process facilitated by a Preliminary and Final Board of Judges.
Finally, they have come down to the final ten winners, and they are:
2013 Metrobank Foundation-Rotary Club of Makati TOPS Awardees
- Col. Romeo S. Brawner Jr, PH ARMY – former AFP Spokesperson
- CMS Rogelio J. Mendoza, PH ARMY – played a vital role in several medical programs in East Timor
- TSg Ferdinand S. Baladjay, PH ARMY- a high-precision sniper and designer of the lightweight, two-in-one, load-bearing army vest currently being used in the AFP
- Captain Vicente L. Cejoco, PH NAVY – a selfless disaster relief and rescue operator
- TSg Dante P. Bergani, PH NAVY – a Marine awarded with Gold Cross Medal and Honor Bayonet Award
- H3C Sergs E. Estropigan, PH NAVY – a Navy SEAL and rescue operator in the Task Force Kalihim
- LTC Moises L. Micor, PH AIR FORCE – Gold Cross Medal awardee, two-time recipient Gawad sa Kaunlaran Award, and two Presidential Citation Badges
- MSg Alberta A. Pasebre, PH AIR FORCE – an intelligence personnel who conceptualized the Mobile Personnel File of the AFP
- TSg Nolito G. Tumesa, PH AIR FORCE – spent “a restless month doing relief operations following the killer earthquake in Cordillera in 1990.”
- Major Daneck E. Dang-awan, AFP Technical and Administrative Services – initiated the Project ISLAM that rebuilt 250 houses, a village water system, school, and Mosque for almost 1000 villagers in Lanao Del Norte
Each winner will become a member of the TOPS alumni organization and will receive a cash prize of P300,000 and a specially designed trophy from the Metrobank Foundation. They will be honored with the winners of Search for Outstanding Teachers (SOT) and Country’s Outstanding Police Officers in Service (COPS) in the anniversary celebration of Metrobank dubbed as Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipinos on September 5, 2013.