In a Manila Clasico Sunday in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup 2014, the San Mig Super Coffee Mixers still bested the Barangay Ginebra San Miguel Kings 90-80.
After they won the semifinal series of the Philippine Cup, San Mig is still on their championship form with their import James Mays playing very well for the team. He scored as much as he rebounded in this game, 29 points and 29 rebounds. The Mixers outplayed the Kings in the second half especially in the fourth quarter where they shut down the Ginebra offense.
Mark Caguioa‘s jumpshot to make it a 73-71 lead for his team in the opening minutes of the payoff period was the final field goal made by Ginebra, and San Mig worked hard in their defense and forced Ginebra to earn the point from the free throw line.
Meanwhile, San Mig Super Coffee has been earning their points off three-point plays and easy layups due to good passes in that same quarter. Frustrated Ginebra had to depend on their import Leon Rodgers for offense in the fourth quarter, where he finished the game with PBA career-high 35 points.
SAN MIG SUPER COFFEE 90 – Mays 29, Yap 13, Simon 11, Sangalang 10, Devance 7, Melton 6, Barroca 5, Reavis 5, Pingris 2, Mallari 2, De Ocampo 0.
GINEBRA 80 – Rodgers 35, Aguilar 12, Tenorio 11, Slaughter 7, Ellis 6, Caguioa 4, Mamaril 2, Forrester 2, Reyes 1, Ababou 0, Monfort 0.
Quarterscores: 21-22, 41-43, 69-67, 90-80
PBA Commissioner’s Cup 2014 March 16 Team Standings
Incoming search terms:
- PBA commissioners cup 2014 standings
- pba commissioner cup 2014 standing
- pba standing 2014 commissioners cup
- pba commissioner\s cup 2014 standings
- pba standing commissioner cup 2014
- pba standing commissioners cup 2014
- pba standings 2014 commissioners cup
- pba commissioners cup 2014 standing
- pba commissioners cup standing 2014
- pba commissioner cup 2014 teams standing